Shingle roof tunnels connect the spaces in the interior, and white lime plaster that creates a warm handcrafted feel as well as stones gathered on the island have been used as subtle accents, while retaining as much of the original structure and walls as possible.
The façade of the house finished with in-laid mother of pearl has been made in collaboration with the local residents, and glistens like the water’s surface in the light of sunset. The deck has been arranged so as to connect from the rice terraces to the sea. The house has been designed in intent to be close to and blend into the rich natural landscape of the island.
A dinner course of original Japanese cuisine is served at the “Umi no Restaurant” situated at a close walk from the accommodation facility.
The restaurant welcomes visitors with fresh seasonal ingredients of the day, such as fish caught in the Seto Inland Sea, homegrown vegetables, and rice harvested in the terraced fields next to the accommodation.
A self-service Japanese breakfast will be delivered to the accommodation in the morning.
Chef: Kazuma Chaen
After devoting himself to studying at a restaurant in the Kagawa Prefecture, Kazuma Chaen worked for three years as the chef of the Japanese Consulate in Sydney, Australia. He served as the owner and chef of “Bishoku Club” in Takamatsu, and thereafter became the chef of Umi no Restaurant.
Created from his foundation in fine cuisine and a calculated balance in flavors, his cuisine mixes the ingredients of Okayama, Kagawa, and Teshima for a simple yet deeply relishing gastronomical experience.
- The restaurant offers a selection of natural wines in addition to sake and craft beer from neighboring regions.
- Asides from the standard dinner course of 5,500yen, courses of 8, 500yen, and 10,500yen are also available. Please select you course of choice upon reservation.
- The restaurant will accommodate food allergy preferences as much as possible.
Special Opening Price / 50,000yen + 15,000yen per adult (dinner and breakfast included / tax excl.)
Number of Guests / A maximum of 6 people can stay at the facility
Check-in / 14:00~18:00 Check-out/ 10:00
- A dinner course of original Japanese cuisine is served at the “Umi no Restaurant.”
The accommodation fee includes the 5,500yen dinner course, which can be changed to the 8,500yen course or 10,500yen course at the time of reservation.
- A breakfast will be delivered to the accommodation in the morning, which visitors can enjoy self-service.
- Up to one child below elementary school age are able to sleep with one adult.
A fee of 7,500 yen is charged for children who require extra bedding.
(As children’s dinner is not included in the accommodation fee, please consult a member of staff for further assistance)
Bathroom, Western style toilets, Kitchen, Air Conditioner, In-floor Heating, Fridge, Wi-Fi, Bedding (Futon), Sofa, Hair Dryer, Towels, Roomwear, Slippers, Dining and Cooking Utensils, Bluetooth Audio, Bicycles
- Please be advised that all rooms are non-smoking.
Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Soap, Tooth Brush, Razor, Hairbrush, Cleansing Oil
Please refer to our Terms of Service
Contact: Tel.0879-68-3386 (9:00-18:00)
/ Mail. email@example.com